Monday, August 29, 2011

Self Portrait Monday: August 29, 2011

Happy Monday!
This past weekend was a long one. I volunteered saturday evening in the beer tent at a local festival. I do this every year. This one was a bit different, though. Usually, I find myself serving the wine coolers, but this year I was on the beer side. Most of my evening was spent in the refrigerated transport truck moving cases of cans onto the conveyor so they could roll out of the truck as needed. When I wasn't in there, I was moving the cases to the tubs of ice they were being held in before being served. All in all, I had a lot of fun. I was a bit sore after, but I am fine now.
I added a couple pages at the top of my blog. There is now a short About Me, as well as a list of all the treasuries I've been featured in. I will be adding more to this Page section as needed.
The other day, I had to restart my Colonnade shawl. I was knitting just fine, and the needle slipped out, and there were ladders starting all over the place. Rather than mess around trying to get everything back on the needle, I figured it would be faster to just restart. I haven't had as much time to knit as I'd like, and I am really thinking I won't have it finished for Iceland. I will bring it regardless. It will make for good knitting while we have down time.
I've finished a couple small projects in the last week. I will try to blog about them before leaving, but I am not sure if that will be possible.
Hopefully, I will be able to post from Iceland. If not, I hope you all stay safe! I will return with lots of fun things to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment