Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Awesome Wednesday: 12-12-12

As you probably know, today is 12-12-12. Nothing super special about it, but it's kind of a neat thing to see. I have a busy day ahead, going into Windsor to drop stock off at Poppy, and going for lunch with Rick, so I'm going to cut to the chase! These are the awesome things that have gone on this past week.

  • I restarted the baby shower gift. I lost a couple inches of progress, but I like the way it looks now even more than before. The only downside is, I think I might have to push this gift back to be what I give her at the hospital when she has the baby. It takes a lot of time!
  • Rick and I got pizza for dinner on Friday. The place we get it from is nowhere near as good as where we used to get it, but it's alright.
  • We watched Peace, Love & Misunderstanding. I really enjoyed it, Rick not so much. I like comedies, and he likes boring stuff.
  • I got new needles to use for the Beekeepers Quilt. I think they might still be too big. I'm going to swatch with straight needles of the same size to see if the fabric is tight enough. If not, I'll be back looking for smaller needles.
  • I posted a passive aggressive note on my Tumblr. There are certain people who have a problem with what I choose to do with my life, and who I've chosen to spend it with, and I finally said enough is enough. Posting it lifted a weight off my chest.
  • I posted about a sale in my Etsy shop!
  • I paid off a little more of my credit card. I'm just under 15% paid off! I'm hoping to pay it off in full by the end of 2013. It's on my list of goals.
  • Rick wanted McDonalds at 10pm one night. We ate a feast of crappy food, I was reminded that McNuggets are fucking gross, and had absolutely ridiculous dreams. I think the two are connected.
  • I picked up the supplies for snack plates at the grocery store. Every now and then, Rick and I make a bastardized version of an antipasto platter. Pickled garlic, peppers, sausage and regular pickles, some kind of salami, cheese and sometimes crackers. We snack on it usually while watching something on TV. It's one of my favourite kinds of meals. I love finger food!
What kind of awesome things have been going on in your lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment