Friday, December 3, 2010

My new favourite bind-off

Have you ever found something, whether knitting-related or not, that totally changes your outlook on a task?
I used to hate binding off in the round, well, binding off period. I bind off really tightly apparently, and it makes things pucker like crazy. I've gotten into the habit of using a needle a few sizes larger to loosen things up a bit. The problem with this, is that not all yarns behave in a predictable manner, and I never really know what size of needle to actually use.
I came across this video a few days ago. Embedding is disabled, otherwise I would have that video sitting right here.

This has, without a doubt, made my life easier. I've been knitting a lot of cowls in the round, and this is the perfect way to finish them.
You should definitely take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment