Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Full sized blankets!

I splurged again. Over $100 on yarn. This is getting to be addictive.
Here's a break down on what I bought:
3 skeins of Lion Homespun in Olive
3 skeins of Lion Homespun in Deco
These 6 skeins will become a blanket for my Ottawa buddy, Louis. They are amazing colours, and I really like working with this yarn for some reason. I've started it on the diagonal (my favourite way to do blankets) on 8mm needles.
4 skeins of Lion Homespun in Sunshine State
These were originaly $8 a skein like the rest of the Homespun, but they were marked down to $3 each. My Mom suggested i get 3 of them and make a baby blanket, but I noticed there were 4 there in the same dye lot. I figured I should get all of them for a couple reasons. First of all is my own security. I don't want to run out half way through. Second, I wouldn't want anyone else to find that one gorgeous skein and realise there's not much to do with just one skein.
3 giant skeins of Red Heart Comfort Prints in the 4026 colourway.
These, along with an other skein I already have, will become a blanket for my Ohio friend Rachel. This one will be the Ruffles blanket, with a few modifications. Mostly, shorter sections on the small needles, maybe only 3 rows.
1 giant skein of cotton.
This doesn't really matter what colour. I'm pretty sure it's Sugar and Creme, but its irelevant. It's going to be used for dishcloths. Obviously.

Looks like I have my work cut out for me for the next little bit.

I want to get into Harvesting The Fam, but it's a juried show, and I'm really nervous about that.

1 comment:

  1. Second, I wouldn't want anyone else to find that one gorgeous skein and realise there's not much to do with just one skein.

    That is the ultimate heartbreak!

    Good luck with the show entry!

    ReplyDelete