Thursday, March 18, 2010

Knitted Clothing

Okay, wow. This Dressy Sweater from Pickles is beautiful. I love the shape, and the simplicity. I really like the colours, but I think they would look absolutely awful on me. Pastels and I do not mix well, I think because I am so incredibly pale (for those who are in the know, I am the palest shade of Mary Kay everything.) I would love to have something like this in my wardrobe, but I really don't know how I would wear it. Or what colours to use. Or if I would do it in stripes or a solid colour. Or what type of yarn to use. Or if I would be able to make it symmetrical. Or if I would even finish it.
I doubt myself so often in my knitting. I need to really jump in to the deep end otherwise, I will never get started. This is yet an other reason I knit simple things.
Perhaps I need to start small, and build up to sweaters and socks and other stuff.
Perhaps I am destined to be a process knitter, and I will knit simple items for the rest of my life.
Either way, I really really like this dress.

1 comment:

  1. If you like it, go for it! Just pick colors that look great on you. The big question for me would be, "Will it be in style forever? or am I willing to wear it anyway?" I can't bear putting in all the work and then have things become unwearable because some "authority" proclaims me passe.

    ReplyDelete