Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wednesdays Are For Gratitude: June 26, 2013

As of a couple days ago, Rick and I have been apart for a month. It's been really difficult, to say the least. We have been spending some time together when I've had to work. It's easier for me to stay with him when I work a few consecutive days. This past weekend, I wore some new shoes, which caused me to get a pretty awful blister on my Achilles tendon. This blister got all icky and infected, and the infection spread to the rest of my ankle. I went to the clinic and got some pretty stellar antibiotics (they stink something awful, so I'm assuming they're good) which are already working their magic. I was told by a couple people that it looks like cellulitis. I don't knot much of anything about that, so I'll just say that's probably what it is. I won't put the image in the post in case some of you are sensitive to stuff like that, but you can see it here. It's not gruesome or anything, but it's not the prettiest of things to look at. I'm hoping it's mostly better by Friday so I can get back to work.
Here is a short list of what I am grateful for this week:
-having free time to knit, make earrings, watch podcasts and read.
-free healthcare in Ontario. I had to pay for my antibiotics ($40 for 40 pills), but I didn't have to pay for the clinic visit.
-my mom having crutches. I was told to stay off my foot as much as possible.
-Richard helping me oodles with rebranding stuff.
-friends entertaining me via crazy youtube videos while I am stuck in bed
What are you grateful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment