Friday, August 21, 2009

A plain knitted scarf

It has been quite some time since I have knit a plain, garter stitch scarf. Recently, my boyfriend asked me to knit him a plain grey scarf. We looked at yarn the other day, and settled on Alpaca Natrual Blends, by Bernat in the Ebony colourway.
I picked up 5 skeins from Zellers (a not on this later in the post) today, and the wrong size needles. I saw 10, and picked up 10mm and went home. The yarn calls for US 10s, which are 6mm. Luckily, I had the right size at home, and I'm starting to knit right now. It's 20 stitches across, but this might change, depending on how wide Rick decides he wants it.

On buying yarn at Zellers: I was shocked to find that identical yarn at Michael's was 60 cents more a skein than at Zellers. This isn't a huge difference, but if I was buying a lot of yarn (5 skeins isn't a LOT but is a significant amount) there would be. Just goes to show that you should shop around before buying yarn for future projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment