Thursday, August 6, 2009

Over a week with no posts!

I am sorry for deserting you, dear readers!
I have been planning several posts, but had to abandon them for a short while, because of a work injury. As some of you know, I work in a deli in a grocery store. On Monday, a holiday for us Canadians, I was opening a salami, when the knife I was using slipped. I ended up cutting my thumb pretty deeply. I went to the hospital where they suggested I just use Steri Strips to keep the wound shut, rather than wait around about 3 hours until I could get in to get stitches. So that's what I did. My dear boyfriend, Rick, brought me to dinner after to cheer me up.
Because of this silly injury, I haven't been knitting a whole lot.
Otherwise, life is great! I have done several interviews with different people, the first of with was Kate H. from WAMM. WAMM, Windsor Arts & Music Monthly, is an awesome local paper that is always a great read. She came into craft night a few weeks back and asked if I would be interested in doing an interview. I, of course, jumped at the opportunity. She sent the questions to me via Facebook and I answered right away.
Kate's a super sweet girl and an awesome writer. (She read some of her poetry at the Gendered Experience show)
I have also been interviewed for the local regular newspaper. I'm not sure when that article will be published, I'm hoping someone on Twitter will let me know when they see it, because I don't get the paper delivered.
In other news, I have started a couple of new blogs. This time, I have used the Tumblr platform, as opposed to Blogger. Tumblr is a SUPER simple way to blog and I am enjoying it very much. I have two blogs over there, which are updated several times a day.
The first is DistillingWater. This is my personal blog. A sort of catch-all for anything and everything that interests me.
The second is I Love Etsy. I am posting several Etsy items every day with a link to the sellers shop. This one is a lot of fun. I look through Etsy for about an hour a day, and find 10 or so items that I really like and post them.
Overall, life is great.

1 comment:

  1. i had no idea this interview took place. when did it happen? it would have been nice to mention elisha and i as other yarn bombers, considering 85% of the knitting pictured was made by me, lol.

    ReplyDelete