Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Three more finished items


I finished the Hazelnut neck warmer I mentioned in my last post. It's the same "pattern" as the black one, K2P2 rib, and just shy of a full skein of Thick and Quick. I need to find something to do with all the partial skeins of this type of yarn. I have at least 5 balls the size of clementines, or larger, just waiting to be knit into something

The second item is the Homespun cowl. It's knit out of about a third of a skein of Buttercup. This is a little different from the T&Q neck warmer. It's knit on the same needles, but it is just straight stockinette, instead of the ribbing. I also reduced a few stitches along the length of it in order to give it a bit more shape. I started on a similar cowl in Deco (a nice off white) before leaving for work this morning. I need to find a looser bind-off method. I have a hard time with this sometimes.

Any suggestions for a looser bind-off?

The third item is the dishcloth. That was the last of that skein of blue/yellow/white. I am slowly but surely moving through my stash of cotton. I have enough for probably 50 more cloths, if not, many more than that.

If you haven't yet, please check out Knit, Nicole, Knit! Rick put a lot of work into this, and I'd love for more people to be able to see it.

2 comments:

  1. Knitty.com has an article for the BEST loose bind off I have ever found. It's important to use on things that need to stretch.

    http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall09/FEATjssbo.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. No tips on the bind-off, but why not take all those T&Q balls and make a Dr. Who-style scarf? You know, multiple colors in no real order or set size of section, like the one worn by Tom Baker's Dr. Who. :o)

    ReplyDelete