Monday, July 22, 2013

LUV LOCAL Windsor-Essex Creates: A Recap

This past weekend was the LUV LOCAL show at Walkerville Brewery. It was all day Saturday and Sunday, and I did pretty alright.
I was there bright and early Saturday morning, ready to set up. As per my usual, I started setting up, got halfway done, and then socialized for a little while. I got back to my space, and decided at the last minute to set up most of my winter wear, and put a sign up saying it was half price. I sold five items off this rack to a family with three young boys, so I am really happy I made that decision!
Over the course of the first day, I sold a few pairs of earrings, some rings and a couple bracelets. Not a whole lot, but I was happy with what sold.
I got dinner from Kildare House, which was pretty disappointing. They didn't have the lobster mac and cheese I was really looking forward to.
The second day was quite a bit slower, with only about half the number of people that Saturday had. I did sell a few things, but not as many as I was hoping for. I did get a bunch of sign ups for my mailing list, which is awesome. I want to notify as many people as possible when I launch with the new brand, and this will help.
I saw quite a few people that I know throughout the show, nearly all of which I was happy to see.
I got lunch from Salute Espresso Bar which is right next door to the brewery. It was delicious.
Overall, the show was a success. Not everyone did super well, and I was probably middle of the pack with how well I did. Regardless, I had a really good time, in spite of the heat (it was pushing 90 degrees inside for most of the weekend)
How did your weekend go?

No comments:

Post a Comment