Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Math Isn't Always My Friend

As many of you know, I set myself a goal last year of having a net change in my yarn stash of minus 50. I've recently added a whole crap ton of yarn to my stash, bringing me to plus 81 total. I just did the math, and I have to eliminate an average of 5 balls of yarn A WEEK for the rest of the year. I have a feeling I'll be knitting my fingers to the bone. I have quite a few projects on the go that are almost done, so that will help my cause, but that might not be enough. I might have to give away some yarn.
Do you think I can do it?
In related news, here is the scarf I am working on currently. It's made out of Bernat Mosaic in the Ambrosia colourway. It looks kind of like a Noro yarn, but it is 100% acrylic. It feels softer than acrylic normally feels, but it still has a little bit of the plasticky "squeak" some have. It's about three times as long as this picture shows, and I'm into the pinks and purples, and almost back to the cool icy blue. I have one more skein of this yarn, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how it knits up. It's a different colourway. I'll probably do a biased scarf just like this.
How are your knitting projects going?

No comments:

Post a Comment