Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Bamboo needles

Today, I was in the general area of a Michael's and I said to my chauffeur (Mom) that I would like to purchase a new set of needles. I have been knitting dishcloths with the same set of red Boye aluminum needles since... I started knitting dishcloths. They're bent, the red is wearing off, and the tips are not as pointy as they used to be. I also wanted something shorter that wouldn't poke the other passengers on the bus.
There was one type of needle that fit the last detail there.
Clover bamboo needles.
I decided to purchase a pair, and I will be using them as soon as my current cloth is done! I will post my thoughts here once the first cloth has been finished.

My left arm has been getting tingly lately. I think it's time to ease up on the knitting a little bit.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,Nicole

    Have you got your bamboo needles now?
    just want to say that i am an addict of bamboo needle. really like to work with them because of their nature feel and warm touch in hands.
    hope to share your knitting experience with bamboo needles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marisa!
    I have heard many similar things about bamboo! I can't wait to try them out! I'm really hoping i do fall in love with them, because they're available in shorter sizes, and that's just way easier for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used the Clover bamboo crochet hooks and one bad thing is they can become rough over time and snag little bits of your fiber.

    ReplyDelete