Monday, October 6, 2008

One order completed

My Grandma lives in a nursing home that has had a few craft shows in the past couple years. The first craft show I ever did was actually there.

The nurses that work there are very supportive of these, often stopping by every couple hours throughout their shifts.

One such nurse has purchased dishcloths from me in the past. Twenty at a time. I was floored when she said this. She didn't specify colours, she just took a stack of 20 random ones. This was at the first craft show I did. Since then, she has purchased probably 30 more.

I got a call from my Grandma last week, saying she wanted 10 more. I had about 15 cloths made, and I brought them out the Heritage Village with me, to see if I could sell any there. After none sold, I bundled 10 of them up, attached a business card and sent them out with my Mom.

I promise I will improve my photography skills! There are a few colours there. Three each of the pastel rainbow, rainbow and burgundy/cream/navy, and one white with pink and blue speckles.

Rachel's Ruffles blanket is coming along fantastically! It's my TV knitting. And Internet knitting. I'm surprised at how much I still enjoy knitting it, being Red Heart Comfort Prints and all... (It's sort of scratchy and stiff, until you wash it a couple times)

I should get back to knitting. I figured out if I wanted to have Rachel's blanket done for 2 weeks before Christmas, to allow time for shipping and such (she lives in Ohio) I need to knit 14 rows a day, which is one pattern repeat. I haven't kept up on this since I got back from Heritage. If I can get at least one and a half done today, and every day for the next week, I will be a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment