Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Quick Iceland Mention

Back home safe and sound, though a little tired. We had an amazing time. I saw lots of sheep, bought two lopapeysur, bought NINE skeins of yarn, and ate so much delicious food, and so so SO much more.

I met Ragga from Knitting Iceland, who was absolutely awesome. She took a photo of Rick and I in our lopi sweaters and put them on LopiLove.com
We met some great people from all over the world.
I knit a cabled cowl with one of the skeins for Rick. Started a second one for myself. Also cabled, but not as extensively.
I also purchased a pair of hand knit socks and mittens from a little shop just outside of Selfoss. I am pretty excited to wear them. Rick got an amazing hand knit hat from The Þingborg Wool Center (pronounced Thing-Borg)
I almost pet some sheep (more on that another day) but I did managed to pet a few cute dogs.
Overall, our trip was fairly fibre-oriented. I will certainly be posting more about the entire trip in the upcoming couple weeks. It's still a lot to process, and I am much too tired to do all that right now.

1 comment: