Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I never thought I'd see the day when I knit something that is a pair

I really didn't. I've been knitting for something like 10 years (although, a couple years in the beginning, I wasn't knitting at all) and I've never made something that is one of two. Dishcloths, scarves, hats, neck warmers and blankets. That's about it.
Today, I cast on Eco Baby Booties (non-Rav link) in blue cotton.
I've been having a bit of trouble with them, which is 100% my fault, not the pattern at all. Because I am knitting with cotton on the same needles as I do the dishcloths, I keep trying to knit in the cloth pattern. I have had to un-knit and re-knit at least 5 different rows. Some of them I had to do twice. In the end though, I got it done.
I am very close to casting off, and I will start on the other one right away. They should both be done some time tomorrow, and I will post about them again.
This could be a whole new knitting obsession. I could develop my own baby bootie pattern (many seem to be based off the same basic idea, I could probably combine them) and then make a whole bunch of them.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, Nicole.
They are REALLY cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment