Friday, August 6, 2010

More brown cowls and other news

Have you ever bought those bags of "mill end" yarn? It's often a bag of the same type, sometimes different, but usually under $5.
This is some of my favourite yarn. It's cheap, and if you look hard enough, you can find some really great yarns. I picked up a bag of what I am assuming is Bernat Roving in the Cork colourway. It's super soft, and really nice to work with. It does pill somewhat, but nothing a lint shaver or roller couldn't fix. I've made a cowl out of it already, and started on a second. I'm using the same pattern for both.

In other news, I am going to soon be selling my knitted items at rEvolution gallery+studio in Kingsville. I'm super excited to get stock made up to bring in there. I'm hoping to have everything made and brought in by the 20th; 2 weeks from now. Ten bows and ten phone cases is what I am shooting for, and possibly some of the dishcloths that I already have made.

I don't think I mentioned this before, but Made In Windsor is closing the store front at the end of the month. Super saddening, but they are going to stay open in a different way. There is going to be a weekly market downtown every Sunday at a cool new place opening up. It's going to be in the parking lot, and there will be around 30 vendors. Once it starts cooling down some, I am going to hopefully do it a couple times. Until then, I will probably be volunteering/working there. This weekend, I will be working at the Made In Windsor booth at Windsor Pride. I have quite a few things that will hopefully be sold there, and I'm excited. Some of my friends will be partying at Pride, and I can't wait to hang out with them.

All in all, life is good. No complaints here!

1 comment:

  1. Like your last sentence: All in all, life is good. No complaints here!
    People love to bitch and moan and it is refreshing to hear another statement.
    Wish you success in the gallery in Kingsville!

    ReplyDelete