Monday, January 31, 2011

Self portrait Monday: January 31, 2011

Today is a big day. Well, yesterday more than today, but that's all unimportant.
Yesterday was Rick's birthday. I had the day off work and we spent most of it together. I did also spend quite a bit of time knitting.
I bound off my Boneyard shawl!!! I started it back at the beginning of November, and just finished it yesterday. If I was to dedicate knitting to it and only it, I could probably finish in two or three weeks. I couldn't be happier with this shawl. It's a tiny bit on the itchy side, but I have a feeling it will soften up with wash and wear. It still needs to be blocked, but I wore it out to Rick's birthday dinner last night anyway, and it is amazingly warm.
Forgive the morning face, and bed head, I was too excited to post about this to bother about any of that. I want to get a shawl pin so I can wear it a few different ways rather than just wrapped this way.

I've finished a few other items in the past week. The biggest one was three very similar cowls. They all use the same yarns, just in different accent colours.
It's just a simple seed stitch with two yarns held together. I think I will be making many more of these. they're the perfect length to double around your neck, as I did with the blue one. I really hope I can find more of the dark grey yarn I used because it's easily the best yarn I've ever bought in the mill end bags. I will check the Zellers I bought it from to see if they happen to have any left. I got it a long time ago, but I know they had a couple bags when I went there about a month ago.

Overall, life is pretty good. I am likely going to start posting many of my finished objects on Facebook so I can hopefully sell a few to local people and not have to worry about shipping and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment