Friday, June 17, 2011

I Made This Yarn Myself!!!

I just finished my very first mini skein of yarn!! I am so excited, I could blow up.
It's two ply, one brown, and one white. The white was very difficult to spin for a novice like me. It wasn't in nice, smooth roving like the brown was. It was kinky, and a little oily still. It broke a lot while I was drafting.
In any case, I think this yarn turned out pretty darn well for my first (sort of second) try. My first attempt with the brown was way less even than this one. So it is still sitting in the office, and I might ply it with what is left over of the brown, and see if that helps even it out a bit.
I am definitely loving this new hobby. I have a lot to learn, but I can't wait to try new techniques and spin more!

No comments:

Post a Comment