Thursday, October 6, 2011

Confidence

Lately, I have really been thinking about turning knitting, and creating as a whole, into a full time job. I don't have the focus or time, currently, to be able to promote and create as much as I'd like to. I know if I had a set schedule from week to week, I could better use my time to create, photograph, list and promote.
What is making me think of this more now, than usual is what has happened in the past couple days.

Without any sort of effort on my part, I've sold four pairs. Two of them were to a woman that has purchased some in the past. The other two were pure luck. I had all my earrings with me in a large bag, so that the first woman could pick the ones she wanted. When I met the second, we talked about handmade, and knitting, and then I said I made earrings. Immediately, she asked to see some. I said I had them with me, out of pure coincidence. She went through them quickly and pulled out two pairs and purchased them immediately. I was floored, and incredibly excited! This woman, who I'd never met, liked my things! And we weren't in a shopping environment!
These two purchases really gave me a boost of confidence.

Lately, I've also been included in several treasuries. I've been keeping track of them here, if you want to check them out. Many of them were made by members of a treasury team I am a part of. But  others are from people who happened to come across my items in some way. If I could list more items, I'm sure I could get into more treasuries, and in time, get more hearts, and more sales.
I really want to make a full time living from this. I just need an extra push.

No comments:

Post a Comment