Monday, December 20, 2010

Self Portrait Monday: December 20, 2010

As you may have noticed, my Very Good Things posts have become sporadic at best. I work every Sunday, and I don't always get on my computer then. Yesterday, for example, I worked 10-4 at the restaurant, and then 5-10 at the other job. By the time I got home, I just wanted to relax.
To remedy not having these posts, and to get myself used to not looking like a total doofus in front of a camera, I am going to do Self Portrait Monday posts, and include some of the Very Good Things that happened that past week.
Total doofus look going on here. With added bed head. But, I am knitting a dishcloth for a custom order (this one is cloth number 1 of 5) which is great. Another good thing this week? I sent Rick to his parents house with the scarves for his sister in law. I finished them all up last night, and I am very happy with them. I did forget to take pictures, though. I also have most of my Christmas shopping done, which is awesome!

Something Very Bad did happen this past week. I wasn't going to mention anything about it, but I feel like I should. My parents went grocery shopping in Michigan last week. This is a common occurrence for people in the Windsor area, and my family is no exception. I don't know all the details, but they were rear-ended by a Jeep in my mom's Equinox. My mom spent some time in the emergency room in a neck brace, on a back board. I'm not sure how my dad did, or how he is feeling now. He's been in a bad accident in Michigan once in his life already (A few years back, he was rear ended by a semi truck, and pushed into the back of another semi truck. Thankfully, he was driving a large pickup truck at the time)
I'm glad they're ok. And I really hope the idiot in the Jeep (who was more concerned about the damage to his vehicle) has insurance and a good lawyer.

How have all of you been?

No comments:

Post a Comment