Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Bonus Tuesday Post!

Happy New Year everyone! I have today off, so I figured I would update you all with what I am up to. A few weeks ago, I mentioned my goals for 2013. In addition to what I normally blog about (Regular Monday post, Wednesdays are for Gratitude, Instagram Friday) I will include little snippets updating you about how my goals are progressing. I thought about returning to Tumblr to work on my goals, but having multiple places to update about similar things hasn't worked for me in the past, so I don't think it would work for me now. In any case, here is where I stand right now:

  • Knit the stash All the yarn stores are closed today, so I can't buy any yarn yet! I do have a Michael's gift card that I received for Christmas, so I might pop in there tomorrow when we go up to Windsor. The other option is to wait to use the card until I have a custom order that I need to pick up yarn for. I will be doing a skeins in/skeins out tally throughout the year. If I can eliminate 100 balls/skeins of yarn this year, I would be ecstatic. This is totally doable if I knit a few times a week, which I definitely do.
  • Blog more about what I am knitting Haven't knit much yet. Maybe half a neck warmer, that was a made to order sale on Etsy (which I am stoked about) and that's it. As soon as it's done, I will definitely post about it. I will probably also re-list the MTO item, because I still have another skein in this colour.
  • Take more pictures I'm still working on my 365 project, and not doing bad with it at all. I do want to take more photos though, even if they're just on Instagram. More knitting, more food, more of what I am up to every day. I see all these bloggers with awesome photos of seemingly insignificant things, but the memories captured are priceless. I am also going to be posting more photos into my Flickr stream, not just my 365 photos. I'll likely start with my shop photos, and go form there.
  • Get fit This one I'v already actively worked on today! I spent 30 minutes on the... Gazelle-like thing. You know those lame infomercials with Tony Little and his ponytail "running" on the elliptical-like thing? Yeah, this is similar to that, only less ponytail. Anyway, I played an upbeat album on my iPad, since my phone was dead, and got to "running". It's easier on my knee and ankle, but doesn't give me the same rush as running does. I'll keep this up for a while, and once the snow melts, I will get back outside with "Zombies, Run!" and Runkeeper.
  • Take better care of myself This is the big one that I know will be hard for me. I'm lazy, and I don't take good care of myself anymore. I really need to work on this. I'll be back another time with the game plan for this one.
  • Pay down my debts I'm on the fence about sharing too much about this one. My debts aren't huge, but I am not sure if I should share the exact amount on here. I don't really know why, but it doesn't seem like the greatest idea. I would love if you weighed in here, should I share how much my debt is, or keep that a secret and just use percentages?
What is your game plan for your resolutions/goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment