Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Repost from Tuesday: Guatemala Hope Update

This post is very important. Something life changing is going to happen, and I would love for you to help in my journey.
A few days ago, Tracy from LeeLee Hats called me, and asked if I would be interested in going to Guatemala for a week and a half to teach the midwives in a small village how to knit hats for the babies born there, as well as teach a marketable skill to help the villagers become more self sufficient. I was hesitant at first, but now that I've looked into this further I am ready to go!

I need to raise roughly $1200 to get me and the knitting supplies there, as well as cover other expenses like getting to and from the airport, travellers insurance and vaccinations. Yes, this number has increased, but things are turning out to be a little pricier than I initially thought.

There are a couple ways to donate. The first is to donate directly to Guatemala Hope. The easiest way is to mail them a cheque. Their address is
Guatemala Hope
Box 68 County Road 46
Woodslee, ON, N0R1V0
If you go this route, please put "Nicole D. Flight to Knit" on the Memo line. All donations over $20 will receive a tax receipt.

The second way is to purchase something from my Etsy shop. I will use 80% (or more) of the proceeds to purchase supplies and necessities for this trip. The other 20% will cover PayPal and Etsy fees, as well as the supplies. There will not be a tax receipt for this donation, but you will get an awesome Knit, Nicole, Knit! item, and know that your money is helping a small Central American community give their babies a healthy start on life.

The trip is in the middle of February, so I have just a little over a month to collect this money and put all my ducks in a row. If you can help, I would be eternally grateful. I will update with any important news as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment