Monday, May 6, 2013

Knitting Monday: May 6, 2013

The weekend is over, and to be honest, I couldn't be happier. It hasn't been a fun one, at all.
Friday afternoon, I went to Kingsville High School to set up for the craft show this weekend. I was the first one there, and picked an excellent spot near the entrance. I set just about everything up, and was very happy with how it was laid out. I came back Saturday morning, and I wasn't the closest to the door anymore. A woman set up next to me, and had her stuff squished up against my racks of scarves. It ticked me off, but I tried to let it roll off my back.
That wasn't even the crappiest part about the show. I try not to complain about shows too much, but this needs to be said.
If someone signs up for a show, and commits to doing it, and then doesn't show up without as much as a phone call or email, it is a terrible, horrible thing to do. Especially when all the money raised from the table fees goes to helping students with special needs.
There were supposed to be roughly 50 vendors, and only 25 showed up. I wish I had the list of them with me so I could call each of them out individually. I couldn't believe it Saturday morning when the gym was still only half filled. It was upsetting to say the least.
On top of that, traffic was low, so I only sold two things. Overall, just a cruddy weekend.
A couple things made it a bit better though. I won a giveaway done by Babydoo Dolls, and Jennie, the creator of Babydoo won a giveaway I did on my Facebook page! I laughed when I saw her number come up on the random number generator.
Also, I'll be doing another giveaway for some wooden buttons right here, on the blog, tomorrow! Keep an eye out!
Over the weekend, I managed to eliminate one skein of yarn from the stash. I knit quite a bit, but no finished skeins. This brings me to -16. I might be acquiring some yarn next weekend, so make sure you check back in next Monday to see where I stand.
How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment