Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday Knitting Update: May 13, 2013

This past week has been a doozy when it comes to the stash down. It was definitely a stash up, any way you look at it.
First of all, I got rid of 75 balls of yarn! They were the ones I was attempting to sell on Kijiji. I donated them to LeeLee hats. Some will be used for tying the tags onto the hats, which is pretty much the only thing they're good for. They're not soft in any way, and definitely won't provide much warmth.
In exchange for this, I got 150 balls of yarn. Now before you go crazy, thinking I'm taking yarn from a charity group, everything I took is wool or mohair blends, which LeeLee Hats can't use. They use all synthetics for the donated hats, for ease of care, and to avoid potential allergy issues. I will be donating money to LeeLee Hats for every item I make and sell from the yarn I got from them.
I used up two balls of yarn on various baby knits this week. This brings my total to +80. I have a LOT of work ahead of me.
I decided that my first project out of this yarn would be something for me. I'm using Nordlys superwash in colour 970 to make a triangle shawl for myself. I thought about adding texture to it, but I think I'm going to let the pretty striping/gradient do all the work. It's looking great so far. I'm using my US 5 Knitpicks Sunstruck interchangeables, and two stitch markers from Evermore Studios. I'm not really in any kind of rush to finish this, but I would like it done before the end of summer. The same with my Hitchhiker. I haven't been working on the latter very much, but I am still loving it.
What are all of you fine folks up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment