Thursday, September 13, 2012

Awesome Thursday: September 13, 2012

This past week has been pretty great. Lots of fun things going on.
  • On Saturday, Cindy and I went to Shoppers Drug Mart (Like CVS or Walgreens, for the American readers) because they had a special point redemption day. I got $110 worth of free stuff, instead of $85. I have been accumulating the points for quite a while, waiting for a special like this.
  • We also got our makeup done for free! (I am such a ditz/bad blogger, I totally forgot to take a picture) .Just like a lot of places, they will give you a make over in hopes that you'll buy some of the product. I ended up with a powder that I really like. I don't wear much make up ever, but this is such a light powder, it just smooths things out, and still looks natural.
  • I finished another neck warmer! I'm trying to get a bunch made for my upcoming craft show, and the stores that want my stuff. I started on another one, and then restarted it a little while later. I was about a foot and a half in, and then I noticed I dropped a stitch about 2 inches from the cast on edge. So I restarted it with a drop stitch pattern, on purpose, haha.
  • I'm working on sort of mass producing some of my items. Rather than having a bunch of different items, I'm planning on making a few of each design, in one yarn type, to facilitate Etsy listings and future stock at different shops
  • I sold a couple pairs of earrings at rEvolution. I'm going to bring more in there soon.
  • I picked up some new tags for my items. I came across some really neat ideas online, and I'm going to make them my own.
  • Rick and I watched God Bless America. At first, I was a little hesitant to watch a movie with such a title, but I got into it in the first few scenes. It's pretty hilarious. You should definitely see it.
  • I've been listing earrings in my Etsy shop. They're definitely my big seller, so I want to get more of them in there. I'm trying to be much more organized with them, so we'll see how that goes.
What sorts of awesome things have you been up to?

Currently Listening To:  Your Bones ~ Of Monsters and Men

No comments:

Post a Comment