Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday Magic: September 10, 2012

Before I start, I just wanted to note that exactly one year ago today, Rick and I were enjoying our final day in Iceland, at the Blue Lagoon. I miss that country terribly, and I can't wait till we have the opportunity to go back.
First up on this fine Monday afternoon, is something from good night, day. I've come across one of Tara-Lynn's past blog/shop incarnations as YarnOverMovement, and stumbled across her blog via a sweater Rick shared with me. Since then, I've been reading her blog in it's entirety. I've mentioned that I have done this several times before, and this is definitely in my top three blogs out of all of them. It's incredibly inspiring. She screen caps vintage films, posts photos of ballets, and lots of in progress photos of her projects.
As soon as I have money in my Paypal account, I am planning on buying this pattern book. I love everything she has available for sale, and I would love to knit about half of them for myself. Not to mention, she has instructions for seamless knitting techniques, that I just haven't been able to figure out thus far.

Second up is a knitting pattern from Brenda Lavell. It's both a cowl and a scarf, depending on whether you button it or not, and how you wrap it. It's made out of one of my most favourite yarns on the planet: Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick. It seems like a fairly simple pattern, which is made with a herringbone stitch. I haven't a clue how to knit like that, so this pattern at $5.50 USD would be a great investment. How to knit a textured pattern, and a project to use it on? Yes please! You should definitely take a look at this, as well as Brenda's other patterns. They're all striking.


Last but most certainly not least, is this hand dyed AND hand spun yarn from SpincycleYarns. It's called Wrath, and is part of a series called Seven Deadly Solids. It's such a pretty colour, and seems to be a very even worsted weight. Not to mention, the price is phenomenal considering it's done by hand from beginning to end. You should also check out their yarn called Sloth. That colorway is pretty amazing, too.


Currently Listening To: I Won't Try To Break Your Heart ~ Crissi Cochrane

No comments:

Post a Comment