Friday, August 26, 2011

The Colonnade Shawl

There is something I really love about shawls. I don't know what it is, but I find myself wanting to knit them all the time. It might have something to do with Stephen West, though. I fell in love with Boneyard the first time I laid eyes on it. I finished mine in a couple months. I haven't worn it much, but I plan on wearing it as often as possible this winter.
This morning, I cast on for Colonnade. I have changed the yarn used. I am using Ultra Alpaca (Fine) from Berroco. (Now that I think of it, I may have said it was from Bernat in the past. My mistake) It's an absolutely lovely dark blue, appropriated called Blueberry. It's not just blue, though. When you look closely, there is definitely some emerald green, burgundy and plum. I love this yarn, even though I had to wind it into a ball by hand. All 433 yards of it. I am planning on following the pattern to the letter, but making the shawl larger.
I did find that I messed up somehow at the beginning so I had to frog it completely. But, I have the pattern for the first section memorized, so that's definitely a plus.
I should really get to knitting. I am hoping to have this done or almost done for Iceland.
(In the photo, I am reading a silly post from SpillyJane)

No comments:

Post a Comment