Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Moving Forward

Sorry I missed Monday. I didn't have my computer with me, and I am just now getting time to blog.
In this past week, I have rid myself of 17 skeins/balls of yarn!! They all went to LeeLee Hats. I did acquire one ball though.
Rick and I stayed at his parents for a night, and I underestimated my yarn needs. I only brought about a half skein of Homespun, and I blasted through that really quickly. I picked up one rather large skein from Zellers. I figured it was balanced out with the one skein I finished.

I also made EIGHT baby hats! They are all different. The Homespun was turned into two teddy bear hats. They're not perfect, but I am definitely working on the pattern. I really want to make more of them. The one pictured is the first one I made. The top is a bit pointy, but I think I have that fixed.
The second, rather awful photo, is of all of them. Three all white, two teddies, a white with purple stripes, and then a black and purple, and a white and purple. As a group, LeeLee Hats is taking part in Clicks For Babies. We are making purple hats to raise awareness of Shaken Baby Syndrome and Abusive Head Trauma. I will be making more and bringing them to Tracy, hopefully before Rick and I go to Iceland.

No comments:

Post a Comment