Saturday, November 19, 2011

Some Fantastic News

Recently, I quit my "real" job. I was unhappy with the way I was being treated, and it was ruining my relationship with those close to me. I am currently unemployed for the first time in about 6 years. This doesn't sound like a long time, but when you take into consideration that I am only 22, that's a good chunk of my life.

While I am "unemployed," I plan on officially starting my business. Registering, tax numbers, receipts and all that jazz. This is a huge step for me, and will definitely be an adventure. I'm not super organized, so that will be a hurdle I will have to overcome. I'm lucky that Rick's income can cover many of our household expenses while I get my business off the ground. I am also very lucky that he is helping me get everything started. He is my photographer, critic, and motivator. He also helps me make decisions as far as yarn colours, styles, and patterns. I really wouldn't be able to do this without him.

If any of you have any tips for me while I am starting on this new journey, please feel free to share them! I am always open to advice!

2 comments:

  1. That's exciting! I quit my "real job" a little over a year ago and used the opportunity to get my business going for real. It's been awesome and scary. I'm still new myself, but my advice is to talk to anyone and everyone. Don't be afraid of asking a dumb question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS! I hope to one day join you in the "self-employed" world :)
    And how great to have such a supportive partner through it all!

    ReplyDelete