Thursday, November 3, 2011

Why Knit The Stash Is Over

Last week, I posted saying that my Knit The Stash challenge was over. I did have a good reason for this. Actually, 5 good reasons.
This isn't a very good photo, but it's four of the five GIANT garbage bags full of yarn I have received.
And, there is more to come. A lot of it is from companies that are no longer in existence, from what my Ravelry search tells me.
Somehow, my mom was connected with a woman who can no longer knit. She is in her 80s, and I believe she is moving into a nursing home.
There are bags upon bags of various yarns. From 100% cotton, to 10% angora, some mohair, a couple with cashmere, and so many more. I can't believe this! I will be passing a lot of it on to LeeLee hats, but I am keeping some for myself. I can't wait to see what else will be coming!
Also, from the same woman, I may be getting a knitting machine. Or two. I am hoping I will be able to afford them both, but I am not sure about that. I may ask my parents to purchase them for me, and pay them back. If they have all the parts, and are in good condition, I will definitely have to think about it seriously.

In other news, I finished my second baby blanket! The shower is this Sunday, so I now have plenty of time to work on other projects. More on those soon!

1 comment:

  1. This is what happened to me when I tried to knit from my stash. Yes, sir.
    (three bags full.)

    ReplyDelete