Thursday, July 19, 2012

Awesome Thursday: July 19, 2012

Happy Thursday everyone! It's a little later in the day than I usually post, but I've been out and about most of the day. These are the awesome things that have gone on over the past week.

  • My cousin got married! It was quite lovely. I wore my shawl (for which I am still waiting for pictures to show you guys!) and I got quite a few compliments on it.
  • I went yarn shopping today! I picked up three beautiful skeins as well as a shawl pin, all on sale. I used an Instagram filter, so the colours are off. The green is more turquoise; it's a cotton/linen blend. The grey and magenta are mulberry silk. I will be using the latter two to make a colourwork cowl for myself. I have an idea for a pattern of my own, it's just a matter of getting down to business.
  • Rick and I went for all you can eat sushi after we went to the yarn store. We managed to not over eat this time around. Usually we get so excited that we order pretty much everything, and feel like crap after.
  • Work has been awesome, despite being told we will have a new manager next week. I really liked working with our current manager.
  • I restarted the cowl I was making out of the Eco-Fil yarn. It was a little too large in diameter, so I shrank it by 12 stitches. The yarn is so smooth and even, it's really nice to work with. I picked up quite a bit of it a few months back, and this is the first project I am making with it.
How are you doing this week? Is there anything exciting going on in your area?

No comments:

Post a Comment