Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What a Knitting Podcast Sounds Like To A Non-Knitter

Lately, I've been listening to a lot of knitting podcasts. Rick comments on them occasionally, asking if I'd already listened to that episode, as he remembers such and such a podcaster having already mentioned such and such a project or yarn. He then explained to me exactly what knitting podcasts sound like to him, a non-knitter.

Week one: Hey guys welcome to the podcast, this week I worked on a knitting project. It's fuzzy, it's furry and it's soft.
Week two: Hey guys welcome to the podcast, this week I worked on a knitting project. It's red. It's fuzzy, it's furry and it's soft.
Week three: Hey guys welcome to the podcast, this week I worked on a knitting project. It's red. It's fuzzy, it's furry and it's soft. And it's almost done.
Week four: Hey guys welcome to the podcast, this week I worked on a knitting project. It's red. It's fuzzy, it's furry and it's soft. It was delayed, because I started on a new project. It's yellow and it's a sock.
Week five: Hey guys welcome to the podcast, this week I worked on a knitting project. It's red. It's fuzzy, it's furry and it's soft. It's almost done. The yellow sock is almost done.
Week six: .............
Week twenty seven: Hey guys welcome to the podcast, this week I worked on a knitting project. Well, a bunch of knitting projects. One is red, fuzzy, furry and soft. One is the second yellow sock. One is a green shawl. One is a purple mitten. One is a simple black scarf. Shit, there are a lot of knitting projects here.
Week twenty eight: Hey guys welcome to the podcast, this week I finished a knitting project! It's a purple mitten, I just have to start the second. I still have a red fuzzy, furry, soft something, yellow sock, green shawl and black scarf on the go.

And so on and so forth.
After we laughed about this, I realized how right he really is! The same can be said about some knit-bloggers as well. I'm definitely one of those!
(Please note I do not mean to be offensive to any podcasters or knitters, I just wanted to comment on the truth that is the curse of multiplying UFOs and WIPs)

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAH "Shit, there are a lot of knitting projects here." seriously made my morning. If I ever did a knitting podcast it would be totally worse because that same red furry thing? Would have disappeared after week one, never completed, and each week thereafter would be a brand new (also never completed) project. Also I might need to clean out my WIP project some time soon....

    ReplyDelete