Thursday, October 25, 2012

Awesome Thursday: October 25, 2012

The work week is almost done for many of you, and mine is pretty much just starting. I work all weekend, and had a few days off this week. Every Thursday, I post about the awesome things that have happened in my life the week prior. It helps show me that my life isn't always crap, which it seems to be quite often.

  • I had my craft show. Which was crap. But! I did hand out a lot of business cards, which will hopefully get me some business later on.
  • I met a few awesome people at the craft show, which was super nice.
  • Some long time friends came to the the craft show, so I got to briefly catch up with them.
  • I used my Square reader for real for the first time at the show, which was super super awesome. (I used it myself before to make sure I knew how to use it, but this time, I actually made money from it) It's really easy to use, I highly recommend you get it if you do craft shows.
  • Rick spent the day with me at the show on Sunday. It's been a while since he stayed the whole time at a show, and it was nice spending a day with him.
  • I managed to pay off a small chunk of my credit card. This is my current financial goal. It's been pretty close tot he limit for far too long, and I need to get it down.
  • Rick and I went to The Main Grill again. Pulled pork poutine, chicken crepe and tomato soup for me, pretty good overall.
  • We talked about our future business endeavours. Rick has lots of great ideas, and a couple of them he is going to act on. It's nice talking about our future together, and not just the day to day bull shit that goes on.
  • I basically decided that I am going to make a Beekeeper's Quilt. I've been thinking about it for a while, but just sort of said "Yes, now is the time" a couple days ago. I need to order the needles and a couple skeins of yarn to get me started. I will make it out of sock/fingering yarn. I have quite a bit of the right weight already, but that doesn't mean I won't buy more!
  • I finished knitting Rick's mom's birthday shawl. Her birthday was yesterday, and the cream alpaca shawl I've been working on for the last little while was for her. The photo at the top of this post was a photo from a little while back before I blocked it.
  • I watched a couple episodes of my new favourite show, Duck Dynasty. Seriously, this show is hilarious. So many quotable lines, it's great.
  • I started knitting a pretty nice red and grey shawl. I love this colour combination, and the shawl is coming along nicely.
What sorts of awesome things are going on in your lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment