Saturday, October 6, 2012

New Yarn Day!

A little while back, I told myself that I wasn't going to buy any yarn until the new year, unless it was for a pre-paid custom order. I have so much yarn, it's ridiculous. I have a bunch of cardboard boxes full of yarn, and Rick asked me to try to get rid of those. He doesn't mind the yarn in the clear bins, but the cardboard has to go. I've been making progress, eliminating a couple skeins a week. That was halted when I bought a package of mill ends from Zellers last week. I bought a bag of a really nice steely grey a few months back, and I'd wished I would have bought more. Well, when I went there to kill some time after work, there was one lonely bag sitting on top of some uglier stuff. I knew I had to get it. It's either 6 or 8 skeins, and cost $7.99. I couldn't say no! I've been using that yarn to make some colour block neck warmers. There is only one using it in the shop right now (the aqua and grey) but there will be more in the future!
In other yarn news, I received a beautiful handspun merino/silk blend from Melina, at Midwest Yarn. She had some other mail to send me, and included a little something special. The colours are wonderful. I'm trying to figure out if I want to knit a little neck something, or a slouchy beret. I have no idea how much yarn there actually is there, so the latter might not work out. I'm going to try to figure out a way to calculate the yardage. It might involve some intense math (haha) but it will definitely be worth it in the end! You can see some of her yarns here.

No comments:

Post a Comment