Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday Update: February 4, 2013

This morning was one of the first Monday morning shifts I've had in a little while. It snowed quite a bit overnight, but this didn't stop our customers from coming in and complaining about it.
Last night before most of the snow fell, Rick and I went to my parents to pick up our mail we'd gotten shipped to our American friends. Dad had gone over to visit and pick up our stuff, and we were really excited to see everything. Rick got a couple books, some computer stuff, and I'd gotten him a stand for his new MacBook. I ordered some yarn from Craftsy, and Rick got me a skipping rope for working out. Rick has some reading to do, and I want to get to knitting!
Craftsy had a deal a little while ago for packs of 3 skeins of Wool Ease Thick and Quick for a really good price. I ordered a pack of each of the three colours (Cilantro, Fig and Oatmeal) and was eagerly awaiting them. They weren't quite the 70% off my new year's goal stated the yarn had to be, but it was pretty darn close. T&Q is one of my favourite yarns to work with, and a pretty popular yarn as far as my sales go. I'll probably do a cowl and a scarf from each colour, and I'm not sure what the third of each will become. We'll have to see!
These 9 skeins bring my total thus far to +4. Not bad, I'd say!
In the last couple weeks, I've been working on some new projects. The biggest one, that I've done a few times, is boot cuffs. I've seen these all over the place on Etsy, and I wanted to make a pair for myself. I used some mustard Homespun to match my neck warmer, and went to town. They were a pretty quick knit, despite being ribbing (which I kind of hate). I ended up making two Homespun pairs, and I really like them. I tested them out for a few days, and I don't really like how they wore. They did look great, I got quite a few compliments, but the fibre for stuck on the zippers on my boots and made them look really frayed and fuzzy. I'll have to try some other yarns, or just suggest that they are not worn with zippered boots. Overall, I'm fairly satisfied with them. I can't wait to make more!

No comments:

Post a Comment