Friday has arrived, and I'm halfway through my very short work week. I only have a couple shifts, and they happen to fall on consecutive days, so there is some sense of normalcy in my life right now. I'm currently battling a pretty lame could/sickness of some sort. I woke up this morning and it felt like I'd eaten crushed glass. Not fun at all.
This is what I've been up to this week!
- I downloaded Sims3 for my computer. It was an awesome deal, so I only paid $10 for it, which made me happy. I haven't played it much, mostly because my computer is quite slow, and I need to clean it up.
- Rick rented some movies for us to watch. In addition to these three, we also got Eddie, the Sleepwalking Cannibal, as well as Celeste and Jesse Forever. I really enjoyed Perks of Being A Wallflower, and I thought Hotel Transylvania was cute.
- I was fairly productive, and finished knitting three scarves. I blogged about these on Tuesday. I'm really happy with how they turned out.
- Winston watched one of the movies with me. He stood a few feet from the television, and looked up in awe. Normally, he is kind of scared of it.
- Megan of A String of Purls posted a photo of her wearing a half knit scarf on Instagram, so I had to do the same with the cowl I was working on. Go check out her blog, she's super cute, and knits some awesome stuff!
- Tuesday was Fat Tuesday, and Rick's mom got us some paczki to celebrate. I had a custard filled one first, followed by this apple one. Those are my two favourites, so I really had to have both.
- I photographed some items for my shop on Wednesday. I was hoping to get them all done, but Rick and I ended up going to Windsor to run some errands for his Dad.
- We made a few other stops, one of them being all you can eat sushi (which I neglected to photograph) and another being Starbucks. This was our pseudo-Valentine's date. We also made stops at a few other places, and I bought a pair of jeans as well as some yarn (more on this later)
- I worked last night. It was a pretty quiet night, be we had this awesome skull bottle returned to us. It's a brand of vodka which I found out is part owned by Dan Aykroyd.
When Rick and I went to Windsor, we were right near Michael's. I had a gift card from Christmas burning a hole in my pocket, and my favourite yarn was on sale. I picked up eight skeins of Homespun in all different colours. I've already started to use one of them (the light blue and white) for a neck warmer. I wanted to get mostly neutrals, but they were sold out of a lot of colours. These skeins bring my total to +16. And I have more yarn being given to me in the near future. Looks like I have my work cut out for me. I should stop writing and get to knitting!
Also, I picked up a basket and some lights to use for my craft shows at Value Village. I try to pick up things here and there to use for my shows and what not. I like to change my displays around and play with things.
My week was pretty great. Other than being sick, I really have nothing to complain about. How have all of you fine folks been?