Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wednesday's Are For Gratitude: February 27, 2013

Halfway through the week, and I can't wait for the weekend. I have a craft show Saturday and Sunday, and I am really excited for it.
Every week, I post about what I am grateful for. It's a nice way to look back, and see that my week wasn't all crappy, even if it may feel that way. (This week wasn't crappy, but some are)
Here goes!
Richard  / Winston  /  My family (which I will be spending the weekend with!!!)  /  My yarn stash  /  New yarn (more on this in a minute)  /  New blog followers (Welcome!)  /  My internet friends  /  My real life friends
Now, for the new yarn. I got two wonderful packages in the mail this week. I knew they were coming, and I was really antsy for them. Melina, of Midwest Yarn sent me two skeins of Homespun in a pretty lavender colour. They're not the same dyelot. I didn't think it would be that noticeable, but you can totally tell! Usually the yarn I get is the same dyelot, so I've never really noticed how different it could be. No worries though, because my projects use less than one skein each for the most part.




The second package is from Lori at Evermore Studios. You remember her from the giveaway I did recently. I got this gorgeous pack of mini skeins. I LOVE them! This adds ten skeins to my stash down. So with the Homespun, I'm up 12 skeins just this week. This brings me to +23 for this year. I'm determined to get down in the negatives soon! I have a problem where I get bored of the yarn before I'm done the project. So, as soon as the project is finished, I'm done with the yarn and I don't want to make something else out of it. I'm bringing a limited selection of yarn with me this weekend, so I'll be forced to use it all up. Crossing my fingers that I can make some progress!

I have to cut this one short, because Rick is taking me to Windsor today. I hope your week is going well!

1 comment: