Monday, March 7, 2011

Self portrait Monday: March 7, 2011

Today is Monday, so here we go with a self portrait post. I am going to continue in this schedule even if I am updating daily in another way. I feel like Monday's are "catch-up" type days where I can tell all of you what I've been up to lately.
I finished a burgundy cabled cowl this morning. I've been working on it off and on for the past couple weeks. I just had a few rows to go, one with the cables crossing, and about 2 more before casting off. It's a nice, thick cowl and the cables really stand out.
I also started and finished a baby hat on my Knifty Knitter. I am going to donate some hats, and some yarn, to a local group that makes hats for a NICU not far from Windsor. I've been looking for somewhere to donate more yarn, and this seems like the place to go. The hat in the photo only took about 45 minutes to make. Super simple!!! The only downside to using the Knifty Knitter is that you have to pay attention while you are knitting. It's not really something you can look up from, which is somewhat inconvenient for me, because I like to knit and read or watch TV at the same time. I'll just have to start listening to podcasts more and making the hats.
Not much else going on over here. Though, I do have a new model for my knitted stuff. Maybe I'll post a photo of her tomorrow. She can be kind of shy at times, but she is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment