Friday, January 6, 2012

Welcome Back, Rachael!

Rachael of Talk2TheTrees/TreeTalker is back again this month!


How were your holidays? Did you do/see/taste anything awesome?
Oh dear.. my holidays this year have been a mess! Just in two weeks, my car broke down, my house flooded, I had a huge vacation planned, and the day I got back I caught a very bad cold! On top of all that I had holiday orders to get out. It's been less than a happy holidays.. but I'm doing my best to still see the light in things! After the flood we were able to put our Christmas tree back up, and rewrap the presents. I'm hoping to get over this nasty cold by Christmas.
This Holiday season has been quite the test for me. I have to try extra hard to be happy. Sometimes it makes more sense to just be sad.. to give up. But it takes lots of guts to face the problems with a smile. As all this was happening, I had two options.. to either give in, cry and be sad.. or toughen up and fight back with a smile.
I felt so bad reading Rachael's blog and tweets about all these things. I know the feeling when everything goes wrong at once, and it seems like it will never get better.

Any New Year's Resolutions?
I would love for my art shop to grow a bit more! Aside from that, I'd like to drink more water, and take my doggies on more walks.
Those are three great resolutions!

What do you want the most for your business this year?
I would love to eventually close my hat shop, or at least slow down sales so I can focus on my art more. As much as I love knitting and making hats, it's very time consuming when I just want to paint!

What are you most looking forward to this year?
I'm looking forward to looking forward to moving. (There was no typo there!) I have plans to start looking for a new place to live in the next few months.. so I'm looking forward to looking forward to that! I know that if I start looking now I will get too anxious and excited.. when I'm still in contract with this place!

What is your current favourite blog?
NieNie Dialogues has been a favorite of mine for a while now!
Thanks so much, Rachael!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about all of Rachael's troubles! I hope that 2012 gets off to a good start for her. Her work is so whimsical.

    ReplyDelete