Friday, May 25, 2012

The Blueberry Jam Shawl

In an attempt to be a good knitting blogger, I am going to show progress photos of my newest shawl. I have named it the Blueberry Jam Shawl, as it is being knit out of Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine, in the Blueberry colourway. This is the yarn from the failed Colonnade shawl I mentioned in this weeks Awesome Thursday post.
I am mostly making this up as I go along, with a little help from a few different shawl patterns on Ravelry. KFB in the first and last stitch of every row to make that nice, wide triangle shape. Every other row, KFB in the stitches before and after the centre. On all the other shawls I've made, I did YOs, but for this one, I didn't want the column of eyelets running down the centre.
If you look carefully, you can see a row of eyelets just below the needle cable. I am putting these somewhat randomly throughout the shawl to add a little interest, both visually when it's finished, and in the knitting while I am doing it.
I can't wait to see how this develops. I will try to be a good blogger and post about it regularly.
As for the Findley Dappled 3S Shawl, I haven't worked on it since we were in the car on our way to the Apple Store. It's sitting in my purse, waiting to be brought out while on a drive again.

No comments:

Post a Comment