Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A New Project, This Time, For Me!

It's been quite some time since I've knit something for myself. I won some of Juniper Moon's Findley Dappled in the Woodland colourway from Midwest Yarn a while back. I knew it would be turned into something for me, I just had to find the pattern for it.
With almost 800 yards, I have a lot of options. My first thought was a rectangular, somewhat lacy stole. I gave it some thought, and I don't think knitting lace is something I am ready to take on. I have a hard time concentrating on patterns, and I would probably have to tink/frog a few times, and I don't want to ruin the yarn. I searched some more, and decided on a few things: something easily memorized, something that I can knit until I run out of yarn and not have to worry about pattern repeats, something worn around the neck among a few others.
I found the 3S Shawl on Ravelry and it fit the bill perfectly. Plus, being a shawl, I knew that I would love it.
I just cast on, and I am a couple rows in, and this yarn is a dream! Half and half merino and silk, it's super soft, and super sturdy. I can't wait to get back to knitting this!

No comments:

Post a Comment