Monday, November 26, 2012

A Little Big Discouraged

I try to be as upbeat as I possibly can on my blog, but sometimes that just doesn't work. This last week has bummed me out for some reason. I've just been in a less than stellar mood, and I can't figure out why. I think I'm getting a cold, so that probably has something to do with it, but it's not everything, I'm sure.
I haven't been working as hard as I could on my business, and I know that's a problem. I didn't do a Black Friday/Small Business Saturday/Cyber Monday/whatever sale this weekend, mostly because I am lazy. I really could have done something, but I preferred sleeping and knitting. Last year, I told myself that I would do it this year. Well, that didn't work out. I'm really bad a pre-planning things in advance, I usually just fly by the seat of my pants and hope for the best.
I really need to figure out how to make this business work. I love working at The Beer Store, but it's not something I want to do forever.
It's not all doom and gloom here, though. I have a couple custom orders to work on! My friend Paul asked for a red and white Where's Waldo? style hat, and I am doing that on my Knifty Knitter. I just started into the white body of the hat, after knitting a wide red brim. I haven't knit on one of my looms in ages, so it took a little while to get back into a rhythm.
I was also asked to make a neck warmer similar to the eyelet neck warmers in my shop, just a different size. My mom is picking up the yarn for that from Michael's this week, and I will work on it this weekend when I am at my parents. I have to make sure I bring all my knitting tools with me, otherwise, I won't be able to finish it for Sunday, when Rosina will be picking it up.
The last custom order is for a woman named Cassie who owns Walkerville Soap Works. She makes baskets up with her amazing soap, and asked for a lavender coloured one to go into a lavender themed basket. I'm about a third of the way through that, and I plan on finishing it tonight when I get home from work.
In any case, I am going to try to put myself into a good mood. I'll work on this hat, and play some games online.
How are all of you doing?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to feel you've been a bit down lately. Sounds like sleeping and knitting was probably the right choice! ♥

    ReplyDelete