Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Awesome Wednesday

Half way through the work week, you can make it to the weekend! I've decided to move my "Awesome Thursday" posts to Wednesday, as I have Wednesdays off every week. It will make it a bit easier to be sure I get my post done before midnight.
In case you are new to the blog (a few of you are, thanks for following!) Awesome Thursday Wednesday is when I post things that have happened in the week prior, that I am thankful/grateful for. There have been scientific studies done that show people who show gratitude regularly lead happier, more fulfilling lives. I'm not one to argue with science! Here goes.

-I made some earrings last week. not a lot, I still have loads of supplies sitting around, but I made a dent in them. I'm probably going to make more tonight, when Rick and I get home from Arby's.
-I watched quite a few episodes of Duck Dynasty. I really love that show. Uncle Si is one of my favourite characters from a reality series. Everything that comes out of his mouth is golden. All his "Jack" and "Hey!" statements make me laugh. Jase is my second favourite person on the show. He really gets the other guys going. If you haven't watched this show yet, I strongly recommend it.
-I gave Winston a bath. Normally, I'm not much of a fan of this, but he was so good this time. He didn't try to get out of the tub, until I told him to. Another great thing about bathing him, is that he usually waits to shake off until we tell him to do so. This means I can close the shower curtain, and he can shake off, and not get water all over the bathroom. After we finished, he was so happy and love-y, it was great. He just wanted to come up and give me kisses for an hour. We played a bit after, and then snuggled and watched TV.
-I went to a craft show and the farmer's market on Saturday. Got a Christmas gift, and some miscellaneous other things.
-I bought a new sweater. It's a really nice grey cabled design, with a bright pink collar/button band, and black cuffs and waistband. I like it, and it was a great price.
-I found a light up pink flamingo at Canadian Tire. Seriously, the coolest thing I have seen recently. I am thinking of going to get one after Christmas, when they're discounted. I don't even have a lawn, but I would consider staking it into a potted plant, just because it's so awesome.
-Sunday I had my vendor show at the winery. I did very poorly, mostly because I was upstairs in a room that very few people came to. I don't know if I'll be doing this show again, because most weeks it's only the upstairs that is available. Despite doing poorly, I tried to stay in a good mood. I think I did alright on that front.
-I gave Rick most of his Christmas gift. I'm terrible at waiting for stuff like this. I got him some lavender and honey food things, and a sweater. The rest of his gift is a magazine subscription that I will be ordering this weekend.
-I got a couple custom orders, which I blogged about before. The first was for a Where's Waldo? style hat. I knit that on my loom, and made the pompom by hand. It looks awesome! I'll be mailing it in the next couple days.

Overall, life is pretty good. Rick and I are at Arby's currently, and I'm getting some work on my Tumblrs done.
How are all of you fine folks doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment