Thursday, November 1, 2012

Awesome Thursday: November 1, 2012, And Some Lofty Goals

It's November! I hope you all had a safe and happy Halloween. Didn't do much of anything here to celebrate, we just relaxed at home, and ate some candy.
Every Thursday, I post about the awesome things that have been happening in my life. It's nice to look back when I'm having a bad day and see that life isn't always so rough. There have also been studies done that have concluded that people showing gratitude can lead healthier lives with less depression and anxiety, sounder sleep and a better attitude towards others. I'm not one to argue with science, so on with the gratitude! Here is just a few of the awesome things that have gone on in the past week.
  • I knit a really nice red and grey shawl, which I blogged about earlier this week. I'm going to make many more of these shawls. They're super simple, and really pretty.
  • I started my new blog YarnYarnYarnYarn. I've been getting pretty decent traffic, which is super great. I am also slowly gaining followers. I have loads of pictures ready to be posted. It's pretty crazy how excited I am about this project. I think I might like it more than my I Love Etsy tumblr.
  • I got a head start on my holiday shopping. I picked up a couple gifts for family members, and they're stashed away in my closet right now. I don't have to buy too many gifts this year, which is nice. I know the recipients of these ones will really like what I've gotten them so far.
  • I started playing the newest, most addictive iPhone game I have ever played. Letterpress is friggen awesome. If you haven't played it, you really need to download it and give it a try. It's kind of like Boggle, meets Risk and they both run into Scrabble. It's way too much fun.
  • My boss brought mini Tootsie Pops into work. They're supposed to be for all the kids that come in, but my coworkers and I have been eating them like crazy. It's so nice having a boss that makes work as much fun as he does. I truly love my job.
  • I tidied up our fridge and realized I have quite the beer collection. I was up to 15 different types of beer. I'm currently drinking a Mill Street Lemon Tea beer, so I'm down to just 14, but I'm sure I could fix that with a quick run to the LCBO. It's nice having all these options when I want to crack open a cold one.
  • I learned that "snafu" was originally a military term. It made me feel smarter, haha. In case you were wondering, it stands for "situation normal, all effed up".
  • I went to work the night that Sandy hit our area. It was super quiet, as expected, so I danced with the mop as I cleaned the floors. Like I said before, I love my job.
  • Rick and I went to Windsor yesterday and got stuff done! We went for all you can eat sushi for lunch, which was great. We definitely ate all we could.
  • Also in Windsor, I picked up some jeans and some shorts. I've been looking for shorts for a while, and I finally found them at the Gap for stupidly cheap. I ended up with two pairs. I was so excited.
  • I brought stock into a store in Windsor. This one is called Poppy Paperie and Gifts, and is located in Walkerville. I have some triangle shawls, and some flower earrings available there. It's a super cute store, and if you're in the Windsor area, you should definitely check it out.
  • I worked during the day today, which was a nice switch. I usually work afternoons. Anyway, it was super super quiet most of the day, that allowed us to kick back and relax after we got all our work done.
  • I got my hair cut after work. It was the same girl that did it last time. I wasn't planning on doing this, but I'm glad I did. Choppy layers and a bang trim are just what I needed. I'm planning on growing my hair long again, and this will be a good cut to let grow for a while without too much up keep.
Overall, life is pretty grand. I have this whole weekend off, with nothing planned, and then a pretty solid work schedule next week. Our hours are going to diminish this month, and then pick back up in December, so I am loving the extra hours I'm getting right now.

In other news, I'm going to make a half-assed attempt at NaBloPoMo/NaBloWriMo/whatever you want to call it. This is the first post of what will hopefully (but probably not) be 30 days of posts that are an average of 1667 words. It's a spin off of NaNoWriMo, which I've always admired. In case you're out of the loop, it's National Novel Writing Month, where loads of people attempt to write a 50 000 word novel in the span of 30 days. It's absolutely incredible, and I applaud anyone making the attempt to write that much. I have a couple friends who are going for it this year, and I am pretty confident that at least one will make it to the minimum number of words required. We'll see how far I get with this. I'm having a rough time just writing out this post, never mind doing it every day for the next month. I'm going to have to plan out some post ideas. At least with the novel writing, you have a story line to follow. With the blog posts, it's like a new story happening everyday. At the end of every post this month, I will include a word count. There will be one with the total of words in that days post, and then the accumulated total.

Pretending it's still summer with a @millstreetbrew lemon tea beer. So tasty! #365
In other, other news, I'm making yet another attempt at doing something daily. This one is for a year, though, which is a bit intimidating. I'm going to do an Instagram 365 project. I've wanted to do something like this for a while, and I'm just now getting around to it. This project is pretty cool. You basically take one photo a day to document a year of your life. Some people do self portraits, some do pictures of their kids or pets, and some just do a random photo to sum up the day. I'm going for the last one. I was going to wait until the new year, but I was all stoked about it today, so I bumped it up a couple months. (Hard to believe this year will end in just two short months!) You can find my flickr set here. I will likely post any relevant photos on the blog here. I'm new to flickr, do you have any tips for me?

Hopefully, I can make it through these two projects. The days I'm not working will definitely be easier. I might have to do some really wordy posts on those days to fill in for work days. These posts will be in addition to all the knitting I will be doing. Hopefully I'll make some progress there so I have something on topic to share.

I really hope you have stuck around this long! I would love any feedback on this and future overly verbose posts.

This post has 1234 words.
I am at 1234 total words for this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment