Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday Magic: August 13, 2012

I hope your work week is off to a great start! I'm in the middle of a 17+ day stretch of work, so it feels like an endless Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday cycle to me. I'm back with another exciting instalment of  Monday Magic, and I have some pretty interesting things to share this week.
The first is some beautiful hand dyed yarn by Jill Draper. I've looked through her shop a few times, and I keep coming back to the laceweight. This gorgeous Aquamarine colourway is one of my favourites. I love the slight colour change between sky blue and white. The yarn is a wool-silk blend, which is pretty much my favourite combination. I am definitely going to buy some of the yarn from this shop when my stash diet is over! There is also the option of sock yarn subscriptions, where you play on very reasonable price, and get a skein of hand dyed sock yarn shipped to you at the beginning of every month! That would be pretty awesome.
This is first time I've shared a knitting pattern as part of Monday Magic, which is kind of surprising, and this one is pretty sweet. You are probably aware that I am a big fan of triangle shawls, based on how many I've made, talked and tweeted about. This is a nice variation on that idea. The Shipshape Shawl is like a triangle with extra tails. It would look so nice draped around ones shoulders. I love the stripes, but I bet a solid colour would look just as nice. It's only $5, and that includes instructions for a shawl and shawlette. If I made this, it would probably be in a nice dark grey and burgundy, or a medium grey and bright pink. So many colour options. It would look great in beige and some neon colour, like all those hipster kids are wearing these days.
The last item for this week is a set of stitch markers. I usually just use a scrap of yarn to mark my stitches, but these are super cute, and I might have to get myself a set. I really enjoy some of the variations on Keep Calm and Carry On, my favourite being "Carry Yarn". They look just the right size to be readable, but not so large to get in the way, or affect stitch tension.

If you would like to see some of your knitting related items in a future edition of Monday Magic, feel free to leave a comment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment