Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday Magic: August 27, 2012

Happy Monday everyone! This past weekend was a busy one, so I haven't had a chance to blog. I'm going to attempt to post about it all tomorrow, if I can get Blogger to cooperate with me. I was having a rough time yesterday so I saved it as a draft, and I'll try again later.
First up for this week's Monday Magic, is a knitting pattern from Tiny Owl Knits. The creator, Stephanie, has some beautiful patterns, and Deer With Little Antlers is possibly my favourite. Actually scratch that, it's my second favourite, right after the BeeKeepers Quilt. I read her entire blog recently, and I really enjoyed it. She is incredibly inspiring, and just makes some gorgeous stuff. She's also a fantastic singer, and you can watch one of her videos here.
Next, we have another pattern. This one is called Springtime Bandit. I'm a sucker for a nice triangle shawl, as you might already know, and the patterning in this one is lovely. It matches a beret called Springtime in Philadelphia, which is also really pretty. I can definitely see this shawl looking awesome in a dark grey, or a bright blue. This pattern is free, so that definitely adds to its appeal.
Lastly, a gorgeous skein of hand dyed yarn. This skein is by CandySkein and is called Rainbow Fruit Chews. Normally, I don't go for highly variegated yarns, but this one is so out there, it's awesome. If I got a skein of this, I might consider knitting a pair of socks, or commission someone to make some for me, haha. I also think it would look great as a drop stitch scarf, such as this one.
I hope you enjoyed my selections this week! If you want one of your knitting related items included, feel free to leave a comment!

4 comments:

  1. love that candy yarn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for including the Rainbow Fruit Chews Candy Skein yarn! You have a great selection of items here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks lovely!
    what a sweet post ♥
    hugs XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got my hands on three tiny owl knits patterns and I can't wait to start! I chose the beekeepers quilt, the woodland hoodlet, and the fawn poncho. I'm so excited! I only wish now that I could actually read a knitting pattern... oh well, I will learn soon enough.

    ReplyDelete