Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Alpaca Cotton Candy Shawl, and Pictures of Me in a Dress

When I was working on this shawl, I didn't have a name for it, but now that it's finished, it reminds me of yummy blue cotton candy.
Yarn: Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in the Wonderland Heather colourway. I used the ENTIRE skein. I had less than 5 inches left after bind off.
Needles: size 7 or 8 Knit Picks Harmony interchangeable (I can't remember the size, unfortunately, and I'm not organized enough to remember to write things like this down)
Pattern: A combination of a couple different triangle shawl patterns I came across on Ravelry. I mostly winged it, after I got the basic shape down from the pattern.
Neither of these pictures really show off the shawl, but I really like them. I'm not in a dress often, so this is a change. They're from my cousin's wedding a few weeks ago. The tall dude in the suit is my "little" brother, André. He's almost 19, and too damn tall for my liking. He often uses me as an arm rest, now that he's well over 6 feet tall. Next to him is his lovely girlfriend, Katie. And next to me, in the orange, is Richard.
We clean up pretty nice.

1 comment: