Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Magic: August 6, 2012

I took a little time away from doing my Monday Magic posts because of work, and a bit of a disinterest in it. I am going to replace it with the improved version! I will showcase three yarn or yarn related items, such as patterns, tools or clothing/jewelry, that I have come across. I will usually stick to a colour scheme, or theme, but who knows how these will go! This is what I found this week in a turquoise colour scheme.
The first item this week is some Shadow Tonal Lace yarn from KnitPicks, in the Pacific colourway. I currently have nearly $200 worth of KnitPicks products in my cart, and this is one of the skeins I am coveting. I have a skein of this yarn in Summer Blooms that I received in my order a little while back, and I spent a while petting it when it came in the mail a little while back. This colour is gorgeous, and I really hope I can place my order soon!
Knitting needle bracelets are awesome! I definitely want to get myself a set. I've seen them all over Etsy, and I just think they are so neat. They would be an awesome way to show my knitterly pride, that's a little more subtle than, say, getting a knitting tattoo (which I plan on doing) or wearing a knitting t-shirt (which I wouldn't mind acquiring) I'm keeping my eyes open for these!
The last item for today is some yarn from Gynx yarns. This is called Oil Slick, and is so incredibly pretty. I've mentioned before how much I love Gynx yarns, and this one is definitely one of my favourites. I don't usually go for variegated yarns that aren't in the same colour family, I like a more blended, tonal look, but this one is super nice, and I would definitely make an exception for it. I want to knit myself a beret/slouch hat/whatever you want to call it, and I think this would look great knit up. The only problem is that it wouldn't match the other wintry knits I already have, which are mostly pinks and reds. Who knows what will happen, all I know for sure is that this yarn is damn pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment