Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Magic: August 20, 2012

It's Monday, and it's my "little" brother's birthday!! André is 19 today, and well over 6 feet tall, so really, I can't get away with saying little brother anymore. Today is also my cousin Jake's birthday. And my friends Steve and Colin are also celebrating their birthdays. Holy crap, most intense birthdate ever!
Anyway, I woke up just before 5 this morning, and I wasn't able to get back to sleep. So I finally rolled out of bed a little after 6, and I've been up since. I played some online games, and read a few blogs.
Here are some neat things I've come across this past week.


First up is the Abra Alba pattern. These wrist warmers are beautiful! I love the different coloured scallops. It's a free pattern, and it looks fairly easy. I've been gazing at the pictures of them imagining different colour combinations. The best one I've come up with is a greyscale version, and a close second is purples. But really, they would look great in nearly any colour. There is a small amount of crochet involved in this pattern, but I think I could figure it out well enough to do it.
Secondly is this beautiful purple and grey tweed yarn from GeckoYarns on Etsy. I came across this shop searching for yarn to make hexi-puffs (I'm thinking about making a Bee-Keepers Quilt), and I found some absolutely stunning yarns. I love the tweed look this yarn has, which happened due to the mixed content of the yarn. One strand is superwash, and the other two are not. So many pretty colours in this shop.
Last but not least, are the new Sunstruck wood interchangeable needles from KnitPicks. These are SO pretty. I wish they'd come out a couple months earlier, as I would have gotten them instead of the Harmony needles I purchased a little while ago. I love my needles, but there is something about the blonde wood that is just stunning. I think it would be easier to see the individual stitches on a solid coloured wood, rather than the different layers of colour. Regardless, I love my needles. If I ever need to buy another set, I will definitely be getting these ones, though.

I hope your Monday is going well!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Those Abra Alba wrist warmers are in my favorites. I'd forgotten about them entirely, but thank you for reminding me. They are pretty, and it looks like it's only a bit of single crochet around the thumbhole ^_^

    ReplyDelete