Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday Knitting Update: April 15, 2013

Monday Monday Monday! It's the start of a week off work for me, I don't go in till Friday, so I'm going to be knitting up a storm! I've already started, knitting 2/3 of two different baby blankets. I thought I was being smart. Changing back and forth between them any time the colour started getting a little boring. It made the knitting just zip by. Then, I had to rip them both out after realizing I wouldn't have enough yarn to make either of them. A huge bummer, I'm not going to lie one little bit. It took me a little while between episodes of Doctor Who to wind them both back into balls. Oh well, on I went. I wasn't sure if I lied the two colours together at first, so I sent it to my Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook followers. The colours are Rococo and Herb Garden, in Lion Brand Homespun. They're both pretty on their own, but I'm bad at putting colours together. The general consensus was that they look just dandy. So onto striping I went!
Rick and I started watching Doctor Who a few days ago. We started with the Ninth Doctor, Christopher Eccleston. I really liked him. "It's a banana grove now. I like bananas. Bananas are good."
Now, we're onto the Tenth Doctor, David Tennant. I think I like him a wee bit more. I definitely see the massive appeal he has amongst the really big Who fans. I'm not a fanatic yet, but I really love watching it!
Back to knitting. I made it quite a bit past where this photo shows me to be. I have fifteen whole sets of stripes done, and the colour combination has definitely grown on me. I think it would make a great blanket for any baby, but especially a little boy. I don't really care for the traditional pastels most baby stuff is. The farther from them I can get, the better. This blanket will be going to Trinkets and Treasures as soon as I have it finished.
Last week, Rick and I went to Windsor for some all you can eat sushi. It's conveniently located right across the street from Michael's. I had a gift card burning a hole in my wallet, and I knew it was time to spend it. There were quite a few sales on yarn, but not much in the way of yarns I normally used. For almost exactly $20, the amount on the gift card, I ended up with the skein of Herb Garden Homespun, two Loops and Threads Luxury Wool, and two Bernat Mosaic. All this is for baby stuff, at least it probably is. I think I'm going to get a couple more skeins of the Luxury Wool in a neutral, and make some little hats. The Mosaic might be used for some cowls or scarves, I'm not 100% sure yet.
This adds 5 skeins to my total for the year. Which brings me to -14, which is about where I need to be. I'm going to crank out some yardage this week, so I should be able to get a couple more eliminated.
I have other knitting I've done this week, but nothing too exciting or actually completed to share. There's a nice little pile of baby knits on my desk that I'm just itching to share with you! I'll post about the RTS as soon as I have the photos ready to go.
What have you been knitting this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment